Pengwern - Disability Access Statement
If you have any access requirements you may find the information below useful. However, if you have any questions regarding the accessibility of our accommodation please do not hesitate to contact us with your enquiry. Please note that Pengwern is an old Victorian house and thus has not been designed with wheelchair access in mind
- Approached off the main A5, approx 1½ miles from Betws-y-coed village centre, two or three minutes by car or taxi.
- Level gravelled driveway with reversing area.
- Ample private parking by the house.
- Non-smoking throughout.
- Assistance with luggage is available if required.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome.
- O2 Mobile phones coverage obtained from within the house and cottage, some other networks can be obtained from the driveway.
- Public Bus service 200yds from the entrance.
Pengwern Country House
- Front of house serves as a drop-off and unloading point.
- Main entrance is through a wide doorway into a hall with 1 wide shallow slate step.
- The ground floor is level throughout and comprises of guest lounge with remote control Sky TV, breakfast room, and hallway. The hallway has a traditional Welsh Slate floor, while both other rooms are carpeted.
- All bedrooms are on the first floor which is approached by a flight of stairs. The stairs has nineteen wide steps, with the last few narrowing as the stairs turns through 90 degrees to access the flat first floor landing. A banister runs all the way up the stairs on the left hand side.
- The stairs and bedrooms have fully fitted carpets.
- All our bedrooms are en-suite with bath, Victorian style bath/shower mixer, wash basin and toilet. The en-suite floors have a floor tile covering.
- The Twin room has five steps with banister on the right, leading down to the bathroom from the dressing area.
- Corridors and bedrooms are well lit.
- Cordless kettles can be provided on request.
- Waiter/waitress service is standard.
- Menus can be provided in large print
The Studio, self-catering cottage
- Gravelled driveway to the side of the house leads to private level parking area for our self-catering cottage, The Studio, and serves as a drop-off and unloading point.
- Entrance into the kitchen which has a traditional Welsh Slate floor, while Sitting/Dining room, bedroom and stairs are carpeted, with occasional rug.
- Compact kitchen is level with 1 step up into Sitting/Dining Room
- Five steps with banister on the right lead up from the Sitting Room/Dining Room to a small landing, with 1 step up to the galleried bedroom.
- A compact shower-room, wash basin and toilet. Floor tile covering.
- All rooms are well lit